Forum Event Bangers 'n' Flash | Sunday 9th June | St Andrews, Scotland

Sonic

Totally Hooked
Jun 23, 2023
Dunfermline
Updated by @GR-Admin 11/4/24, with thanks to @Sonic for suggesting this event. :cool:

The forum will now have a stand of up to 10 GR cars at this event, at Craigtoun Country Park, St Andrews ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ

The event celebrates the automobile, so expect fancy cars, supercars, GR's and a few with character...

Date: Sunday 9th June, tickets are a very reasonable ยฃ4 per show car and not per person, so bring a car full
Arrival time for show cars is 8am - 10am with public entry between 10am - 4pm.

***To ensure you are parked up on the GR Zoo stand, please don't buy a ticket direct online, contact @GR-Admin who will add you to the stand ***
General details about the event can be found here.

Members will also be eligible for discounts at the park's attractions on the day. This includes things like pedal boat, steam train rides and inflatables for the kids.

To secure your place, simply send a message to @GR-Admin confirming you would like to attend along with car details.

Once your ticket has been confirmed we'll update the thread with a list of forum attendees.
If you post a pic of your car on this thread, it may be shared with the organisers who may use it to promote the event.

Zoo Attendees
  1. @Sonic GR86
  2. @AWB GR86
  3. @911sse GR86
  4. @Alistair31 GR86

BangersnFlash.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sonic

Totally Hooked
Jun 23, 2023
Dunfermline
Hopefully the weather will be nice enough for me to wear my recently arrived โ€˜Show Jacketโ€™ on the day too ๐Ÿคฉ

IMG_6412.jpeg

๐ŸŽถ "Sunday Monday happy days, Tuesday Wednesday happy days, Thursday Friday happy days, Saturday what a day, Rockin' all week for you!"

Last edited:
Reactions: Silver Fox

chopper602

Totally Hooked
Apr 21, 2022
Hurworth-on-Tees, County Durham
I know I paid for Japfest (and received some lovely swag in return), but the organisers of this 'show' are charging you to make the show happen for them. If you don't turn up then there is no show . . . and from what I can see no mention of a charity benefiting.

Sonic

Totally Hooked
Jun 23, 2023
Dunfermline
I can see no mention of a charity benefiting.
They are part of the โ€˜Trees for Changeโ€™ programme, so for every ticket sold a tree is planted. Club/trade stands I think get 3 trees planted? Pretty sure TicketBo has some info on it.
That said, every car show is the same; they charge to exhibit and also charge for public entry. As this is being held in a public space they canโ€™t charge the public for entry, so itโ€™s only the exhibits and stall holders picking up the tab. In places like Edinburgh and Boโ€™ness itโ€™s on a โ€˜closedโ€™ estate, so much easier to have pay-on-entry gatesโ€ฆ
Plus of course, someoneโ€™s gotta pay for the trophies coming my way eh?! (In my dreams) ๐Ÿ˜‚

Edit: After today's 'prang' I may have to enter it into the Bangers section :cry:

IMG_6413.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 911sse

GR-Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Vendor
Nov 22, 2021
Now with a GR Zoo stand and our first show in bonnie Scotland. ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ :cool:

Contact me if you would like a show car ticket (ยฃ4 per car).

Sonic

Totally Hooked
Jun 23, 2023
Dunfermline
Plus, Hold the Front Page! Iโ€™ll be giving away a FREE can of IRN BRU and a Tunnockโ€™s Caramel Wafer to any GR-Zoo member that comes along as part of the stand! Fookinโ€™ Rock Star me innit! ๐Ÿคฉ

IMG_6425.jpeg

Last edited:

GR-Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Vendor
Nov 22, 2021
7 spaces left - note GR Yaris, Yaris GRMN & GR Supras can also attend. ;)

911sse

Totally Hooked
Jun 26, 2023
Oh Crikey, my costs are starting to go up! Still safe with the six juice pack so far though. If we make 10 I'll have to double up on the messages*!
๐Ÿ’ธ๐Ÿ˜†

[*Scottish term for Shopping]
Sorry though Sonic, I only drink Irn Bru Xtra - as too embarrassing to drink any diet drink when you're as lardy as myself. Also, allows the ability for a second biscuit - the world is now in perfect balance ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜

Reactions: Sonic

Sonic

Totally Hooked
Jun 23, 2023
Dunfermline
To all those with names down and those wanting to attend - Don't forget to purchase your discounted Club Ticket from @GR-Admin and not via the website.

Thanks to @911sse because I didn't even know there was such a thing as IRN BRU Extra. I mean what exactly is the extra bit? Can you substitute 'extra' in place of the normal (full-fat) Bru without any noticeable side effects? Does it have to be served in a brown paper bag? Will it strip paint if spilled? Do Jakeys get punchy after a Voddy & Extra? All legitimate questions I think! ๐Ÿ˜†

Reactions: AWB and 911sse

911sse

Totally Hooked
Jun 26, 2023
To all those with names down and those wanting to attend - Don't forget to purchase your discounted Club Ticket from @GR-Admin and not via the website.

Thanks to @911sse because I didn't even know there was such a thing as IRN BRU Extra. I mean what exactly is the extra bit? Can you substitute 'extra' in place of the normal (full-fat) Bru without any noticeable side effects? Does it have to be served in a brown paper bag? Will it strip paint if spilled? Do Jakeys get punchy after a Voddy & Extra? All legitimate questions I think! ๐Ÿ˜†
All I can say for certainty, is that Xtra doesn't require an 'e' to be added to it. That should say enough in itself and yes, a poor 90s drugs parody but it has the same uplifting community spirit - especially when consumed with a roll and square sausage (Lorne).

• Haha
Reactions: Suby16 and Sonic