A new zoo member - hello from Sweden - GR Yaris Mk2

YeahButNoBut

Fascinated Member
Apr 18, 2024
Sweden
Hello from Sweden my fellow zoo members! 👋
I've been a secret admirer of this forum since the last couple of months, so it's about time to finally create an account and say hi!

Because of all the information available here (a big thanks to all of you!), I've been able to secure my GR Yaris Mk2 production slot here in Sweden! My order was put in yesterday early morning. I can already see the order in 'MyToyota', it still feels completely unreal though... Expecting to arrive somewhere in August.
Reading about the Swedes getting their cars pretty early compared to the other European countries with the Mk1, I have hope for a bit sooner than August. But we'll see.

I've been longing for a 'non obese' fun car with a manual again. For years I've been struggling to find a car that really get's under my skin (in a positive way) and that I'm actually keeping for a long time. I know, first world problems!! I'm not complaining... I'm hoping that the GR Yaris is making that desire come true. It's truely a special car in it's entirety, which is hopefully something I will really love. I'm sure this community will contribute to that and hopefully I'll meet some other GR enthusiasts here in Sweden as well!

I made the choice for a Pearl White one with red stitching/seat belts. In Sweden it comes standard with all options (Premium pack), so nothing to choose other than paint and stitching.

I'll do a proper introduction later down the line by starting a 'my car' thread when my Mk2 is here.

Exciting times ahead, let the wait begin (and please end soon)!!

GRYaris_GRFour

Obsessed member
Mar 14, 2023
Sweden
www.instagram.com
Hello from Sweden my fellow zoo members! 👋
I've been a secret admirer of this forum since the last couple of months, so it's about time to finally create an account and say hi!

Because of all the information available here (a big thanks to all of you!), I've been able to secure my GR Yaris Mk2 production slot here in Sweden! My order was put in yesterday early morning. I can already see the order in 'MyToyota', it still feels completely unreal though... Expecting to arrive somewhere in August.
Reading about the Swedes getting their cars pretty early compared to the other European countries with the Mk1, I have hope for a bit sooner than August. But we'll see.

I've been longing for a 'non obese' fun car with a manual again. For years I've been struggling to find a car that really get's under my skin (in a positive way) and that I'm actually keeping for a long time. I know, first world problems!! I'm not complaining... I'm hoping that the GR Yaris is making that desire come true. It's truely a special car in it's entirety, which is hopefully something I will really love. I'm sure this community will contribute to that and hopefully I'll meet some other GR enthusiasts here in Sweden as well!

I made the choice for a Pearl White one with red stitching/seat belts. In Sweden it comes standard with all options (Premium pack), so nothing to choose other than paint and stitching.

I'll do a proper introduction later down the line by starting a 'my car' thread when my Mk2 is here.

Exciting times ahead, let the wait begin (and please end soon)!!
Hello 👋 congrats to the order.
Where are you located ? we are a few in Stockholm

Reactions: YeahButNoBut

YeahButNoBut

Fascinated Member
Apr 18, 2024
Sweden
Thanks for the warm welcome! Already spotted the 3 of you here on the forum being in the same region. Nice to see you're the ones that responded the first on this topic. :D(y)

I'm around the Göteborg area. Spotted one Mk1 last year in Landvetter, but that's it. Never seen any more of them around here.

GRYaris_GRFour

Obsessed member
Mar 14, 2023
Sweden
www.instagram.com
Thanks for the warm welcome! Already spotted the 3 of you here on the forum being in the same region. Nice to see you're the ones that responded the first on this topic. :D(y)

I'm around the Göteborg area. Spotted one Mk1 last year in Landvetter, but that's it. Never seen any more of them around here.
Great :)
I know a red one outside Gothenburg, there's probably a few more

YeahButNoBut

Fascinated Member
Apr 18, 2024
Sweden
Isn't that red one up for sale currently? I was tempted to have a look at a red one for sale in Gothenburg, but all the improvements of the Mk2 convinced me to go for a new one and bite the bullet for the premium over a used one.

Reactions: Michael Knight

Magnettico

Devoted member
Jun 1, 2023
Tjena! (that is about 90% of what I know in Swedish)

Yes, I am in Göteborg! White pearl.

The red one for sale with full PPF is here in the forum too, he got the car at the end of last year.

There is another red one, met the owner at the street the other day, he lives around Torslanda.

Do you already order the Mk2? I was waiting for price information. But no intention of buying one.

• Love

YeahButNoBut

Fascinated Member
Apr 18, 2024
Sweden
Tjena is all we need @Magnettico! ;) Nice to know I'm not alone here! Yes, I've ordered mine 2 days ago on the 18th. At Toyota.se nothing official is released yet indeed. But if you look at the prices thread here, you will find some more info for Sweden. Dealer systems opened on the 18th for ordering.

Trollhättan is also a nice area @Pelle (y)

It's still a long wait for me, but would be nice if we would meet some day and go for a nice drive (y)

brynasalex

Fascinated Member
Dec 15, 2022
Gothenburg Swden
Hi,
I am the owner of the red one for sale, drive it for the first time since new years last weekend. And it put a smile on my face, not sure if I should keep it or not?😅
/Alexander

brynasalex

Fascinated Member
Dec 15, 2022
Gothenburg Swden
if someone are interested.