GR Yaris 2K Android Headunit with wireless carplay, hacked CANBUS, DSP & Factory Wiring

nikoel

Devoted member
Jul 22, 2023
Brisvegas
Been snowed under with work and my bike needed some attention. But soldered the connector and my research paid off. A purrfect fit

Talking of purrrfect fits, I went with the full sleeper install and hid the Sony’s behind the the stock JBL covers

Tweeters are not exactly facing the driver blah blah blah. Let’s be real we can hear the sound of every leaf we drive over, and that’s how I like it. Anyway, that stuff does not matter. Huge improvement in sound quality already

My digital gauges are all GR Yaris Blue now too

IMG_0254.jpeg

More to come

IMG_0253.jpeg

IMG_0251.jpeg

Last edited:

Istiban

Devoted member
Mar 5, 2023
Hey Nikoel,

Happy new year!

I was wondering if you're any closer to a kit of parts for the android upgrade, I really like what you've put to get and would be keen to give it a go.

Istiban

nikoel

Devoted member
Jul 22, 2023
Brisvegas
Hey Nikoel,

Happy new year!

I was wondering if you're any closer to a kit of parts for the android upgrade, I really like what you've put to get and would be keen to give it a go.

Istiban
Happy New Year to you too

So Ive done two of these for a friend of mine who also owns a Yaris

I would be happy to create an other, but only for those with JBL systems. I do not have any experiences with the non-jbl cars (they do not exist in Australia) and I just don't know if any of plugs at the back will be the same or features will work

All the best

nikoel

Devoted member
Jul 22, 2023
Brisvegas
IMG_0373.jpeg

And speakers have been installed and new EQ profile has been set. Bought these donut, foam rings with rear inserts. No idea of they do anything, but all the professionals install them, so I thought to do the same. Got custom offsets too, which fit the holes perfectly. In the end I decided to go forth and get all the connectors. Took ages to get to me from china. Splice count is still sitting at 0

Attachments

IMG_0424.jpeg