GR Yaris Dash Cam - Stop/Start

Hold_Short

Mar 6, 2024
Redhill, Surrey
Hi there, just 6 weeks in GRY ownerships and now I get what all the fuss is about! I have a question and it concerns the dash cam and the auto stop / start. The dash cam was installed by a Toyota dealer but when the auto stop / start (stationary at traffic lights etc) takes effect the power to the dash cam is cut and the dash cam switches off. I have set the record time to 3 minutes but this makes no difference - I appreciate the simple way is to disable the auto stop / start each time I start the car but I sometimes forget! Any suggestions? TIA

Greenthumb

Totally Hooked
Jan 29, 2022
Germany
Hi there, just 6 weeks in GRY ownerships and now I get what all the fuss is about! I have a question and it concerns the dash cam and the auto stop / start. The dash cam was installed by a Toyota dealer but when the auto stop / start (stationary at traffic lights etc) takes effect the power to the dash cam is cut and the dash cam switches off. I have set the record time to 3 minutes but this makes no difference - I appreciate the simple way is to disable the auto stop / start each time I start the car but I sometimes forget! Any suggestions? TIA
Contact @yuri1312 , he makes you a Start-Stop Killer Dongle:). Problem solved.

SpyderDavid

Oct 30, 2022
Can’t help with the actual solution - but my dash cams (installed by the local back street garage) stays on during stop/start intervals. So it is possible.

Gr_dan

Absorbed member
Oct 5, 2022
I’ve never used the stop start, in first gear foot on the clutch ready for the next racing start 🤣